Day 1: Introduction to Cake Decorating ~ Sugar Paste Skills
This is a 3 Day cake decorating class covering; Preparing cakes, ganashing, covering cakes with sharp edges, Essential Sugar wired flowers and Modelling caricatures. This cake decorating course is perfect for beginners as well as anyone wanting to keep up with current cake decorating trends, modern techniques as well as achieving a flawless professional finish to cakes. This class will take your cake decorating/covering cake skills to the next level and give you confidence to decorate cakes on a professional level.
This Class has maximum of 6 students.
Date & Time: Friday 9th, Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th February, from 9.30am – 5pm
What you will learn: Day 1:
• How to bake, cut, level fill and layer cakes.
• How to make chocolate ganache.
• Covering a cake with chocolate ganace – top and sides.
• Cover two cakes with sugarpaste.
• How to create flawless sharp edges to your cakes.
• Covering cake drums and dummy cakes.
• Basic decoration – Plaques, sugar ropes, lettering, fantasy flowers and berries.
• How to stack and transport your cakes
• Finishing touches – Ribbons and Bows.
• How to make 3 different flowers, buds and foliage.
• Quick, new quick simple techniques to making realistic flowers.
• How to make wired flowers
• How to use veiners and cutters to get clean finishes.
• How to frill edges with a ball tool
• Different methods of adding dusting colours on your flowers.
• How to tape flower stems together
• A quick simple way to make a floral arrangement.
• A quick simple way to cascade flowers down and around a cake. Day 3:
• Working with one of the best modelling pastes.
• Working with colours to create different skin tones.
• How to model male and female faces and facial expressions
• Making different hair styles.
• Modeling arms and hands.
• Quick simple techniques in dressing your models.
• Making pretty coloured rolled rose bouquets.
• Proportions, structure and supports.
• Transporting and storage for your character bride and grooms
All Equipment, materials, refreshments and lunch is included.
What you need to bring: You will need to bring with you a baked 7″ Vanilla sponge cake, the ingredients and method will be sent out to you within two weeks of the class start date.
What will I take home?
You will go home with your creation, course materials as well as new skills.
Getting to Tasteful Cakes for your class couldn't be easier:
* By Car:
Easy access from the M25, take junction 26 Waltham Abbey. You'll have no problems using at Sat Nav and there is parking for up to 6 cars, sensibly parked on the drive way.
If you are travelling by train the nearest stations are waltham cross which links to Tottenham hale or Theydon Bois on the central tube line. From there you can take a bus to the destination.
Please let me know in advance if you would like to be picked up and dropped back to station, I will do my best to arrange this.