Beautiful Birdcage Cake, Learn how to make this beautiful shabby chic Antique finish birdcage cake, perfect to use as one tier, to top stacked tiered cakes or be displayed with cupcakes!
Duration: Saturday 1st March 2014, from 11am – 5pm
Level of difficulty: All Levels
What you will learn:
• How to cover a birdcage dummy with Sugarpaste
• How to prepare and make all the details for the cage using sugar
• How to give your cage and antique finish
• How to make little white birds
• Mixing paste colours with florist paste
• Making antique style fantasy flowers with antique rose centers
• How to make the center of a Lisianthus
• Simple techniques for making sugar wired leaves, which can be applied to all leaves in the future.
• Mixing colours with florist paste
• Making Lisianthus petals
• Making spiral twisted buds and thin calyx
• Techniques for using and blending dusting colours
• Wiring flowers and sprays together using florist tape.
Basic tools supplied. Materials list will be sent to you before the course starts. All materials and equipment can be bought and reserved at the shop!