- This event has passed.
Norwich Sugar Modelling Weekend ~Theo Playing in the Rain
July 31, 2021 @ 10:00 am - August 1, 2021 @ 5:00 pm| £100.00 – £180.00
You can book this class individually or book a full weekend of sugar modelling creating ‘Theo Playing in the Rain and Babies with different facial expressions.
After this weekend you’ll be bursting with confidence to create caricatures.
This is a 2 Day Class.
Saturday 31st July 2021 from 10 am – 5 pm
August 1st 2021, from 9 am – 4 pm
Special Offer Price: £100 for one day, £180 for both days.
This is a huge saving! A One day class usually costs £140, saving you £40. For 2 Days you have a total saving of £100
Level of difficulty:
What you’ll learn:
What you will learn:
• How to choose a sugar caricature design.
• What proportions you need to create a caricature of a toddler/child
• Quantities to re-create this model the same every time – adapting to make a different caricature.
• How to make an all-in-one simple body
• How to create the starting point for every face.
• How to create a happy face with the tongue sticking out the mouth
• How to create boots, dress your models and add little details bringing your model to life.
• Personalise your raincoat to suit the toddler.
• How to add support and structure to your sugar models.
• How to create water and the reflection of the puddle.
What you will learn on the Baby Class:
- Working with one of the best modelling pastes.
- Working with colours and creating different skin tones.
- How to sculpt 3 different faces from scratch. (no moulds)
- How to create different facial features and 3 different expressions.
- Painting intricate details on the eyes.
- How to create supports within your models, helping them stand.
- Sculpting a torso, arms, hands, legs, feet and toes of a baby.
- Creating 3 different hairstyles.
- Creating a nappy, bows and hair bands.
- Covering a board with fondant and using lettering for the name.
- How to highlight and create shade, bringing your models to life.
All materials and equipment is included.
What do I need to bring:
You’ll need to bring a light lunch.
What will I take home?
You will go home with your creation, a certificate, course materials as well as new skills.
Please make all personal arrangements before booking as we are unable to offer any refunds or course transfer should you decide to cancel or are unable to attend your course. If you feel your circumstances may change it is advised to look into purchasing ticket Insurance. It is the attendee’s responsibility to source a company that provides this service.
Discount codes MUST be used at the time of purchasing a class via the website. Discounts will not be applied after the booking has been made.
Deposits and Final Payments:
If you choose to pay with a non-refundable deposit, the remaining balance is due 1 month prior to your course date. It is the responsibility of the person booking the course to make payment by the due date. If the final payment has not been paid 1 month before the class commences Tasteful Cakes Reserves the right to re-sell your seat. So please add this date to your diary.
You will receive a confirmation of payment upon booking. Please click add to google or icalendar below to save the details of your course. Tasteful Cakes is not responsible to remind you of the dates and times of your class. Access to this information is always available on the website.
Doors will open 10 minutes before the class start time, please do not arrive earlier as I could be setting up or picking people up from the station. I really like to greet all my students personally and this allows me to do so.
What to bring:
There is no need to bring anything along with you, everything is provided!
There may be bits of equipment you haven’t used in this class, but I have it to purchase should anyone like to. I do take card and cash.
Tasteful Cakes reserves the right to cancel or change a course. In these circumstances, Tasteful Cakes will normally arrange an alternative date and offer students either a transfer to this date or, if this date is not convenient an alternative course. If neither is possible a full refund will be offered.